Male Breast Reduction – Gynecomastia Vancouver
Dr. Adrian Lee
Adrian Lee, MD, is a leading cosmetic surgery Vancouver specialist who has helped many male breast reduction (gynecomastia) patients achieve their desired body contour. Please read the information below about gynecomastia and visit the male breast reduction gallery to view before and after pictures of Vancouver male breast reduction patients.
Up to 60 % of the male population may be affected by gynecomastia: the development of “women-like breasts”. If you have large breasts or excess/ sagging chest tissue this procedure may interest you.
A flatter, more masculine contour of the chest is the goal and it can be achieved by using Ultrasonic Liposuction and/or surgical excision.
What is Involved?
- The procedure is done as a day surgery in our Surgical Centre. A general anesthetic is commonly used.
- A small incision is made for the liposuction wand, allowing the surgeon to remove the fat using the Ultrasound technique. The Ultrasound technique is an advantage as it allows Dr. Lee access to areas in the male chest which in the past required surgical excision. Using sound waves to liquefy the fat, there is less movement of the wand. To the patient it means less bruising and swelling, less recovery time.
- Surgical excision is still sometimes required, depending on the type of tissue in the chest. If there is more than fat, i.e. actual breast tissue, it will be surgically removed. Discreet placement of incisions around the areola make any evidence of the surgery hard to find.
What is the Recovery Time?
- You will go home wearing a male vest with pads underneath for extra compression.
- Outer dressings will come off within 48 hours and then you can shower regularly.
- All sutures are absorbable.
- Pain is managed with oral medication.
- Bruising subsides in 7 – 10 days, slight swelling may last a few weeks or months.
- Light activities can be resumed in 5-7 days, most patients take approximately 10 -14 days off work.
Contact us today at (604) 582-2762 to schedule your cosmetic enhancement consultation with Dr. Adrian Lee.
Visit our plastic/cosmetic surgery office in Surrey, British Columbia (BC) near the Vancouver (Canada) area.