Tummy Tuck / Abdominoplasty Specialist Vancouver
Dr. David Ward
Numerous Vancouver tummy tuck / abdominoplasty patients have visited Dr. Ward’s leading-edge plastic surgery facility. To learn more about this procedure and to see results of Vancouver area tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) patients, please read the information below and visit the tummy tuck gallery.
What is a Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)?
If you have excess skin and fat folds on your abdomen caused by weight loss or pregnancy a tummy tuck may be of interest to you. A tummy tuck will enhance your shape by making your stomach firmer and flatter.
What is Involved?
- The procedure is done as a day surgery in our Surgical Centre using a general anesthetic.
- The proper medical term for a tummy tuck is abdominoplasty. A standard abdominoplasty tightens all of the abdominal wall skin and muscles. There are many variations to this procedure including a mini and extended abdominoplasty. A mini abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall skin only and the extended abdominoplasty tightens the abdomen and the flanks or sides.
- An incision is made just above the pubic bone, varies in length depending on the goals of the tummy tuck Vancouver patient.
What is the Healing Time?
- Pain is managed with oral medication.
- You will be encouraged to be up and moving but help at home for 2 or 3 days would be of benefit.
- We have bed and breakfast owners with nursing experience available to assist our patients as required.
- Outer dressings are removed in 48 hours. The incision remains taped 10-14 days. A supportive abdominal binder will be provided and worn for approximately 3 weeks.
- There will be a small drainage tube inserted during the surgery, this will be removed 5 -7 days postoperatively. Patients may shower regularly once this drain is removed.
- A tummy tuck requires a 4 to 6 week period of no heavy lifting.
- Light activity is comfortable in 10 -20 days. Sports will not be recommended for a 6 week period.
- Most of our tummy tuck Vancouver patients are back to work in 4 to 6 weeks.
Contact us today at (604) 582-2762 to schedule your cosmetic enhancement consultation with Dr. David Ward.
Visit our plastic/cosmetic surgery office in Surrey, British Columbia (BC) near the Vancouver (Canada) area.