Neck Lift Vancouver Specialist
Dr. Adrian Lee
Adrian Lee, MD, is one of the leading plastic surgeons in Vancouver. He has extensive experience helping area neck lift patients with their cosmetic concerns. Please read the information below to learn more about the neck lift procedure.
What is a Neck Lift (Platysmaplasty)?
If you have localized deposits of fat and/or muscle laxity in the anterior part of the neck (under the chin) you may wish to consider a neck lift.
What is Involved?
- The procedure is done as a day surgery using a general anaesthetic in our Surgical Centre.
- The procedure typically entails an incision under the chin where the fat can be suctioned, the muscles tightened, and a small amount of skin may be removed.
- Vancouver patients can combine additional procedures such as a facelift or chin augmentation, which may enhance the results.
What is the Healing Time?
- Discomfort is light and easily handled with oral medication.
- Swelling and bruising disappear over 10 – 14 days.
- Patients are back to work in 2 to 3 weeks.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Neck Lift?
Vancouver patients who are interested in our neck lift procedure must be in good overall health to be cleared for surgery. In order to achieve optimal neck lift results, candidates for this procedure must have plenty of skin elasticity. It is also important to be honest about any issues that may cause complications, such as medications or smoking habits. Patients are required to take a break from smoking for the duration of their recovery period.
Contact us today at (604) 582-2762 to schedule your cosmetic enhancement consultation with Dr. Adrian Lee.
Visit our plastic/cosmetic surgery office in Surrey, British Columbia (BC) near the Vancouver (Canada) area.
In addition to helping Vancouver neck lift patients with their aesthetic needs, Dr. Lee also performs other facial procedures to help Vancouver facelift and eyelid surgery patients.