Breast Implants Vancouver
Posted on January 10, 2019 by Dr. Adrian Lee
Dr. Adrian Lee is a Vancouver breast augmentation specialist who is highly regarded for his skill and experience in helping women achieve fuller, more voluptuous bust lines. He offers his patients from Vancouver and across Canada a wide range of breast implants sizes and shapes, so that each patient can achieve the look they desire.
What is a Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that uses breast implants or fat grafting to enhance the size and shape of the breasts, providing patients with a better proportioned figure.
Breast asymmetry, where one breast does not perhaps develop to the same size as the other, can also be addressed with breast augmentation.
This is our most commonly done procedure. Dr. Lee has become known as the breast surgery specialist in the area, being called upon to do major breast reconstruction for women who have lost their breast to cancer. Breast reconstruction is of course much more involved than a simple breast augmentation, but it gives you some idea of Dr. Lee’s skill and reputation.
Silicone vs Saline Breast Implants
Saline implants consist of a silicone shell that is filled to the desired volume with a saline, or sterilized salt water solution. Some saline implants have the benefit of being adjustable after they have been inserted, but they are also prone to folding and rippling due to their consistency.
Cohesive silicone gel implants are extremely popular among Dr. Lee’s Vancouver breast augmentation patients due to their safety and durability. The silicone breast implants also provide for a more natural look and feel with a lower risk of rippling or folding.
To learn more about your breast implant options, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Lee.
What is Involved?
- The procedure is done as a day surgery in our Surgical Centre using general anesthesia
- Various sizes and types of implants are available. We can show you the differences between the implants during your consultation. This along with Dr. Lee’s many years of experience will help you make an informed decision. The type of implant will impact decisions on incision placement and position.
- The incisions for breast augmentation are created along the edge of the coloured area of the nipple (periareolar incision), or in the inframammary fold, where the breast meets the torso. The implant is inserted under the breast muscle, under the breast tissue or a combination of the two. Dr. Lee will help you make an informed decision regarding the method that will give you the best possible result.
- An additional procedure that may enhance your result is a breast lift or mastopexy.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
- Discomfort is controlled with oral medication. Most patients do not need anything for pain 6 to 7 days after surgery.
- You will go home wearing a bra that we provide. It will hold the breasts in a comfortable healing position. We request that you use this bra for only about 6 weeks.
- Sutures are absorbable. Tapes on the incision are to be removed in 3 weeks.
- Light activities can be resumed in 48 hours. Most patients take about 1 week off work.
- No heavy lifting or aerobic activity for 6 weeks.
Why Choose Dr. Adrian Lee for My Breast Augmentation?
Dr. Lee is an experienced breast augmentation surgeon in Vancouver who is highly regarded for his advanced cosmetic surgery techniques. Dr. Lee is also a well-respected member of the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons and a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Take a look at Dr. Lee’s medical profile for more information on the talented surgeon.
“Dr. [Adrian] Lee made me feel comfortable and confident with my decision for a breast augmentation. He offered professional advice but also allowed me to discover the size I was truly looking to achieve. The surgery was quick and easy and I always felt supported and taken care of. What a wonderful staff. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. Thank you so much.” – RateMDs patient, June 2018
Schedule a Consultation for Breast Implants in Vancouver
To learn more about breast augmentation or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Adrian Lee, contact our Surrey, B.C. office today by calling (604) 582-2762 or by emailing us today.